Awards to be presented at the 4th Annual Conference on Financial Education in Philadelphia, PA
Portland, ME and Orlando, Fla. — Oct. 9, 2009 — The Institute for Financial Literacy is pleased to announce the winners of the 2009 Excellence In Financial Literacy Education (“EIFLE”) Awards, which will be presented on Wednesday, October 21, 2009 at 6:00pm at the Hyatt Regency at Penn’s Landing in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
The EIFLE was created to acknowledge innovation and quality of financial literacy education efforts and the commitment of those that offer them. Awards will be given to the following books:
- Retail Book of the Year, Children’s Money Management: The Millionaire Kids Club Book Series vol. 1 – 3 by Susan Beacham& Lynnette Khalfani-Cox
- Retail Book of the Year, Children’s Investment & Retirement Planning: Isabel’s Car Wash by Sheila Blair
- Retail Book of the Year, Adult Investing & Retirement Planning: The Lies About Money: Why You Need to Own the Portfolio of the Future by Ric Edelman
- Retail Book of the Year, Adult General: Military Spouse Finance Guide: Financial Advice for the Home Front by Pioneer Services
- Curriculum, K–12 Money Management: Feed the Pig for Tweens by the American Institute for Certified Public Accountants, the Ad Council and JMH
- Curriculum of the Year, K–12 Credit: Pathways to Home Ownership by Gary Clayton & Kimberly Code, N. Kentucky University
- Curriculum of the Year, Postsecondary/ Adult Money Management: Right on the Money: Talking Dollars and Sense with Parents & Kids by Penn State Cooperative Extension & PA Office of Financial Education
- Curriculum of the Year, Postsecondary/ Adult General: Charitable Giving: How to Make a Difference by Giving Back by Thrivent for Lutherans
- Instructional Game of the Year, Family Table Top: My Smart Budget by My Smart Budget, LLC
The Institute for Financial Literacy is a tax exempt non-profit organization whose mission is to make effective financial literacy education available for all American adults. As a national authority on adult financial education, the Institute advances professionalism and effectiveness in the field of financial literacy by setting the National Standards for Adult Financial Literacy Education™, hosting the Annual Conference on Financial Education™, maintaining the Library of Personal Finance™, and administering the Center for Financial Certifications® and the Center for Consumer Financial Research™. For more information about the Institute, please visit www.FinancialLit.org.
The Annual Conference on Financial Education™ provides professional development opportunities for individuals who work with financial literacy education and offers attendees a critical networking event and the opportunity to learn about current trends, develop funding strategies and otherwise advance the cause of financial education. The 2009 Conference will be held October 21 – 23, 2009 at the Hyatt Regency at Penn’s Landing, and registrations will be accepted online or at the door. For more information about the Annual Conference on Financial Education or the EIFLE Awards, please visit www.ACFEOnline.org or call (207) 221-3611.